Braking Components & Systems
920 Engineering (previously Caparo AP Braking/Caparo Vehicle Technologies) has over 75 years of design and manufacturing expertise in vehicle braking components and entire systems, engineered specifically to fit each individual client vehicle. The business provides a range of master and slave cylinders, servos, clutch damper and hoses, calipers, brake discs, brake hoses and fluid, high spec upgrade kits, drum brakes, pads and shoes. The business has an impressive range of brake and actuation products for classic British cars, including assemblies and repair kits, and has recently successfully served clients manufacturing electric, military, off-road and light commercial vehicles. 920Engineeting also provides braking systems for NASCAR, the Volkswagen Cup Series and Renault Euro Series. In addition, the company designed the braking system fitted on the iconic Caparo T1.
920 Engineering specialises in the design and manufacture of vehicle braking systems and components, clutch products and hydraulic actuation parts.
Formally trading under the name of The Lockheed Hydraulic Braking Company, AP Lockheed, Caparo AP Braking and Caparo Vehicle Technologies, 920 Engineering have an impressive legacy of automotive product design and development.
Over the years the company has supplied braking systems for many now classic vehicles, including the Morris Minor and Mini, as well as Austin Morris, Aston Martin, Alvis, Austin Healey, Bedford, Citroen, Daimler, Ford, Hillman, Humber, Jaguar, Jenson, Lagonda, LandRover, MG, Riley, Rover, Saab, Standard, Sunbeam-Talbot, Triumph, Vauxhall, Volvo and Wolseley.
920E's strategic focus on core product design and manufacturing excellence enables targeting of specific vehicle applications, and the support of both original equipment vehicle manufacturers and major system integrators.
Extensive experience of original equipment product applications include vehicle braking actuation, calipers, drums, hoses and clutch hydraulics. The range of products is supplied globally and supplemented by experienced technical support in collaboration with business partners.
920 Engineering provides specialist braking solutions to major vehicle manufacturers where applications vary greatly and include:
- Serious off road vehicles such as LandRover's Defender where ruggedly designed opposed piston calipers are supplied on front and rear axles and transmission brake for four-wheel parking.
- Sports cars including the complete brake systems for Morgan as well as components for vehicle manufacturers such as Lotus and Aston Martin along with the high performance Caparo T1.
- Light commercial vehicles including complete brake systems for LDV's varied vehicle range including panel vans, minibuses ambulances and recovery vehicles.
- Taxis - 920E supply the complete brake system for LTI's famous black cab. These vehicles have a duty cycle of 24 hours per day, seven days a week for 52 weeks of the year; achieving 100,000 miles each year.
- Components are also supplied to a number of off-road construction and materials handling vehicle manufacturers such as JCB, Lancing Linde, Scarab and Boss Trucks as well as brake systems for many electric utility vehicles.